Formed in 1972 as the Driftwood Valley Arts Council and renamed Columbus Area Arts Council in 1989, the Arts Council is a public, non-profit corporation supported by private donations, the City of Columbus, the Indiana Arts Commission, and the National Endowment for the Arts.
Our Mission Columbus (Indiana) Area Arts Council’s mission is to provide visionary leadership in the arts. The Arts Council fosters, supports, and promotes growth in the arts that educate and enrich the cultural environment of Bartholomew County and Region 9. Region 9 consists of a nine-county area and includes Bartholomew, Dearborn, Decatur, Franklin, Jackson, Jennings, Ohio, Ripley, and Switzerland counties.
- Promote Columbus as a regional arts center
- Market the arts as a driver for economic development
- Plan and implement arts events and other community-related programs in Columbus
- Offer arts, entertainment, exhibits, and programs to the greater Columbus area
- Provide grants and services for arts-related organizations
- Serve as the Indiana Arts Commission’s Region 9 partner